Friday, June 08, 2012

Old Hickory Village

Saturday, June 9, 2012 - 8:30 - 12:30
Old Hickory Village

Paint in the morning - 8:30 - 12:30 and/or Lunch around 1:00
       at the Black Pearl, Black Jack Cove, marina restaurant on Riverside Dr.


We're going back to OH Village!  I was right, this "place from the past" turned out to be a super place to paint.  The residents of this tiny neighborhood were so warm and friendly and even excited to have us there painting.  (And to think, I wasn't sure if we'd be welcome.) 
I even sold the painting I did last week ... "Before the Wedding"!   

I suggest you google "Old Hickory, TN" and look for the Village.  You'll see it's just a few blocks long, bordored on the NE by Riverside Dr., on which are some lovely old homes.  Riverside Dr. follows Old Hickory Lake.  Again, I'll be somewhere in the area.

Directions - From I-40 East
Travel I-40 East past the airport ...
Take the Hermitage Exit #221A (like you are going to The Hermitage) but stay on Old Hickory Blvd. Continue past the Hermitage and through the little town of Lakewood, which is now part of Metro.
Shortly after you pass Lakewood, you'll find Old Hickory ...
Veer to the Right at Hadley Ave. (across Old Hickory Blvd. from the Old Hickory Country Club)
      The whole area is worth painting ... but you might narrow it to between ...
      Hadley Ave. and Riverside Dr., making a Right at 14th, then a Left at Riverside 
      and 14th and 8th 

Please remember this is a quiet neighborhood and we are visitors ....  
(If you see a property owner, it's a good idea to get permission to photograph or paint their home.)
 
Happy Painting!
Bitsy King
My cell phone - 513-0511 (in case you want to find me)

No comments: