Friday, July 09, 2010

Saturday - July 10, 8:30 a.m. (Opens at 7)
Montgomery Bell State Park
1020 Jackson Hill Rd. / Burns, TN  37029
Phone: 800 250-8613


We'll meet at the Lake Woodhaven Picnic Area.  I'm told there is a spillway which is very picturesque at this spot. Just follow the main road through the park (Entrace is on Hwy 70).  This road ends at State Hwy 47.  If you get to Group Camp No. 2 you've gone too far.  I'd suggest you check out and print the map of the park. 

You can print their brochure or just the map:  
http://tn.gov/environment/parks/MontgomeryBell/

I have heard wonderful things about this park for years, but must admit I've never been.  So, I'm going by what they told me over the phone.  Another area the nice lady mentioned was also off this road (McAdow Cabin and Church).

See you tomorrow -
Happy Painting!
Bitsy King - Cell 513-0511
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been real bad about posting pictures, but here are some from last week.  The Chestnut Group and Plein Air Nashville had a good turnout at Glen Leven Mansion.  (Sorry if I missed you.)






No comments: