Thursday, June 17, 2010

Saturday - June 19, 2010 - 8:00 a.m
Long Hunter State Park
2910 Hobson Pike
Hermitage, TN 
(Read Note at bottom also)

We wanted a place with some water - to cool off if necessary.  This is a beautiful park, with lots of attractions and walking trails and seemed to fit the bill.  It's on Percy Priest Lake and can be accessed from I-40 East to Mt. Juliet Rd, Exit 226-A or from I-24 East to Old Hickory Blvd., Exit 62.

This link has directions and a detailed map of the park... scroll down for the Park Map.  
http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/LongHunter/  
A good place to start would be Area 2, Couchville Lake, where there are Restrooms, Picnic Shelters, Tables, Hiking, Fishing, Pier, Boat Rental and Vending Area.  

See you Saturday -
Happy Paiting!

Bitsy King -
Call my cell if you get lost or can't find anyone - Cell 513-0511

Note:  We were thinking of going to The Narrows on the Harpeth but I found so many articles about bridges being washed out from the Flood that I was afraid to try it.  If anyone has first-hand info of the area please email me.  kking84700@aol.com

No comments: